9 March 2016

The Pounds Away Weight Reducer

There is an old game that my in-laws have that is called "The Inventors". In it, there is a card that describes a real-world invention from way back in time. This particular one was called the "Pounds Away Weight Reducer". It was a crazy contraption that had a frame with belts, springs, and weights which people belted themselves into in order to lose weight. Like most quickie weight loss things out there, I'm sure that it was a gimmick.

The idea behind writing this post started back in September 2011. Back then I had made a decision with Dallas to lose weight and change our lifestyle to a healthier one. We knew we were overweight and not living a very healthy or active life. In the four years that have since gone by, I have slowly been dropping the pounds and getting healthy. I have never gone back to the weight I was then, but I have also not gotten to the weight goal I had set for myself.  Looking back at pictures over the years since that time I see how far I have come. 


October 2010
Near the end of September 2011

April 2013
July 2015


Apparently I only let my face be photographed, but you can see the weight lose in my face over the years.

So with this goal from 2011 still needing to be completed I started to think how I might work towards that completion in 2016.

I think that it was in November of 2015 when Dallas' cousin challenged a few of her female family members to form a team of 4 to run/walk the year. The challenge is to run or walk 2016 miles in 2016 as a team of four. To see the challenge go here. I decided to accept the challenge and three of Dallas' aunts and myself are a team, we are mostly walking the year. This started on the 1st of January and so far we are on track for the amount of miles we need to complete each month to finish the 2016 miles this year. 

I also looked at this as a way to work towards completing my weight loss goal, be more active, and get healthier. My plan at the beginning of the year was to be careful what I ate and when (no snacks after supper). Near the end of January I came to realize that that was not going to work as no pounds were coming off. I wasn't gaining weight, but I wasn't losing any either. I needed something more to keep me accountable on what I was eating and how much, so I found an online calorie tracker to help me. I started logging what I was eating and how much on the 30th of January. Over the last few weeks I have starting to see weight dropping again! Hopefully this is the start of a trend that I can keep up until I finally reach my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment